Time: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Duration: 7 hours (included 1-hour break)
*Duration subject to change depend on class size.
– Equip parents, relatives, or husband with knowledge and skills in providing excellent confinement care for the mother.
– Reduce conflict in the family due to discrepancy in practices.
Part 1: Newborn Care by Clinician PJ
- Handling and holding of newborn child
- Feeding and burping technique
- Sterilization of feeding utensils
- Bathing of baby and umbilical cord care
- Changing of diaper and skin care
- Understanding baby’s needs (possible causes of crying and hunger cues)
- Infant basic life support (Choking and CPR)
Part 2: Confinement by Dr Wong Boh Boi
- Postnatal care for mummy
- Essentials of confinement food and TCM herbs
- Ways to preserve the quality of food
- Food that enhances breast milk supply
- Sharing of authentic confinement recipes
*Min 5 pax to start a class
MASK-WEARING IS MANDATORY!
*Note: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, there will be a series of precautionary measures and advisories for all attendees to adhere to. We appreciate your kind cooperation and understanding during class. (Subject to Government measures, possibility to be via Zoom if measures are still heightened)
Venue: Bukit Merah
Intensive Confinement Training for Caregivers
19 November 2022
10:00 am - 5:00 pm